Representing Businesses Across Southwest Florida In Commercial Litigation
If you own or operate a business, you know that litigation is often the only way to protect your commercial interests. When it becomes necessary to go to court to safeguard your business, you want lawyers who know the law, who will be able to identify all of your options, but who will aggressively advocate on your behalf. At the law offices of Gibson Kohl, P.L., we offer extensive experience in commercial litigation to businesses across the Gulf Coast. Because of our size, we are able to take a highly personalized approach when representing each of our clients. We return all our e-mails and phone calls promptly and work hard to keep you continually advised of the status of your case. Contact our offices to learn how we may assist you.
We work with businesses of all sizes that are involved in commercial litigation, whether you have found it necessary to take legal action to protect your interests or you need to defend your company against unfounded allegations. Most of our work in commercial litigation involves disputes involving:
- Breach of Contract. We handle a wide variety of claims involving the failure to perform under a contract, including allegations of breach involving contracts for goods, lease agreements and breach of mortgage agreements. We also work with clients in situations involving foreclosure.
- Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices. We represent plaintiffs and defendants in actions involving trademark infringement, palming off and other unfair trade practices.
- Business Torts. We litigate on behalf of commercial enterprises that have been injured by intentional or negligent acts of other businesses, including tortious interference with a business relationship. James Gibson, Esq. is board certified by the Florida Bay in Business Litigation and is AV Rated* by Martindale-Hubbell legal directory, the highest rating available.
- Creditor’s Rights. We represent creditors only in all varieties of bankruptcy cases, including Chapter 7, 11 and 13. We represent landlords, lenders and general creditors to preserve, protect and enforce their legal rights. James Gibson, Esq. has more than 36 years of experience.
We are also experienced in:
- Shareholder and partnership disputes;
- Corporate and business litigation;
- Non-Competition claims;
- Defamation – libel and slander;
- Unfair and deceptive trade practices;
- Negligent misrepresentation;
- Civil theft;
- Unjust enrichment;
- Quantum meruit;
- Tortious interference with contract and business relations;
- Breach of the Implied Covenant of Good Faith and Fair Dealing;
- Declaratory relief ;
- Breach of fiduciary duty;
- Anti-Trust litigation;
- Unfair competition;
- Other business claims and torts
At Gibson Kohl, P.L., we understand that each case is unique. When you hire us to represent you in commercial litigation, we will start by conducting a thorough investigation of all the facts and circumstances surrounding your dispute. We will review all documents involved, question or depose all witnesses, pull together all evidence to support your position and present the most effective case for you.
Get In Touch With Us Today
Contact us to learn how we may assist you. Our offices are open from 8:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. We have two convenient locations to better serve you.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.