Lauren P. Kohl
Lauren P. Kohl practices primarily in the areas of real estate transactions, title insurance and basic estate planning. She earned her Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Magna Cum Laude, from the University of Connecticut in 1988. She earned her Juris Doctorate Degree, Magna Cum Laude , from the Florida State University College of Law in 1998. She was admitted to the Florida Bar in 1998.
Prior to becoming a lawyer, Ms. Kohl enjoyed a successful career in real estate sales. She was a top producer in her Sarasota real estate office for five consecutive years and taught home buyer seminars in conjunction with several local and national mortgage lenders.
Lauren is a member of the Sarasota County Bar Association, the Florida Bar Association, and the Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar. Ms. Kohl presently serves on the Board of Directors for the Sarasota County YMCA and formerly served on the Board of Directors for the Venice Aviation Society, Inc., and is a former committee chair person for the Sarasota County Bar Association Real Property Section. She has volunteered and supported several non-profit associations including Girls Incorporated, Legal Aid of Manasota, Meals on Wheels, the American Cancer Society, The March of Dimes, and the United Way 211 of Manasota. Lauren has also been a YMCA Youth League Sponsor and also sponsored several local school teams and The “Hulk” Off Shore Racing Team.
Ms. Kohl’s practice emphasizes representation of buyers and sellers of residential and commercial real estate, title insurance, wills, probate, deeds, mortgages and contract preparation.
Ms. Kohl is married to retired US Navy Captain Jon R. Fahs, Jr., Commanding Officer of the Naval Nuclear Power Training Command. They have five children.
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate Closings
- Title Insurance
- Residential & Commercial Real Estate Closings
- Contract Preparation
- Deeds & Mortgages
- Wills & Trusts
- Florida, 1998
- Florida State University College of Law, Tallahassee, Florida
- J.D. - 1998
- Law Review: Florida State Law Review, Member
- University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT, USA
- B.S. - 1988
- Major: Marketing
- Instructor, Homebuyers Seminars, NationsBank, 1992 - 1993
- Instructor for Local Real Estate Offices on Contract Preparation, Real Estate Closings and Title Insurance
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Venice aviation society inc –VASI, Board of Directors
- Florida and National Association of Realtors, Member, 1990 - Present
- The Florida Bar, Member, 1998 - Present
- Sarasota County Bar Association, Member
- The Florida Bar, Real Property and Probate Section, Member
- Siesta Key Chamber of Commerce
- Sarasota Chamber of Commerce
- National Association of Mortgage Brokers